Indie Author Hub supports independently published authors who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and provides a voice for them in the ever-changing publishing market. Latter-day Saint indie authors of all genres and markets are welcome.
Our members share tips, links, and resources with each other, as well as chiming in to help answer questions about new and developing technology and practices in indie publishing. We also participate in writing retreats and other events. That's just the tip of the iceberg!
Membership dues are $20 per calendar year, which covers expenses for websites, blogs, promotions, and our mailing list.. Here's how to join us:
1. Read the requirements below to be sure you qualify.
2. Send an email to us at email@example.com. List which membership credentials you fulfill (you can use the numbers). Include your name, and your author name, if it is different. You will pay your dues through PayPal, so let us know if your PayPal account name is different than your own name(s) so we can match the application with your payment. It is helpful if you include your profile and/or author page or group names (or URLs) on Facebook, and the URL of your website, if you have one.
3. Using PayPal's "send to friends" option, remit your dues payment of $20 to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you join in the last quarter of a year, the dues payment will roll over through the next year. If you don't have a PayPal account, please contact us at email@example.com to make different arrangements.
4. Once our membership director verifies your credentials and receives confirmation of your PayPal payment, you may join our private Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndieAuthorHub/ and be approved.
5. If you are somehow not eligible, your payment will be refunded.
Dues reminders go out each December, so watch for them and renew quickly. Don't let your membership lapse.
Members of Indie Author Hub communicate online through our member-restricted Facebook Group. Once you have sent off the information in number 2 above, paid your dues per number 3, and been approved by our membership director (number 4), we look forward to having you in our organization.
You must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and you must be serious about and actively working toward self-publishing. You must meet THREE criteria out of the following SIX in order to join Indie Author Hub:
1. Have self-published one PRINT EDITION of a book with a traditional printing firm or a POD servicing company like Kindle Direct Publishing Print or LightningSource/Ingram Spark.
2. Have self-published one EBOOK EDITION of your book through any of the following companies: Smashwords, D2D, Amazon KDP, Nook, iBooks, Kobo, etc.
3. Have self-published one AUDIO EDITION with an online retailer like ACX (Audiobook Creation Exchange), Audible, Findaway Voices, Books in Motion, iTunes, etc.
4. Have self-published more than one PRINT or EBOOK in any of the above formats.
5. Have passed your self-published book through your critique group, another published author, or had it professionally edited (we recommend all three) before you printed and/or uploaded it.
6. Have published with a TRADITIONAL PUBLISHER but now plan to release SELF-PUBLISHED books.
This organization is for supporting Latter-day Saint Indie Authors. It is not for discussing doctrine or bashing others. We have the means of success at our fingertips like never before, so let's create something fantastic!